|Min. Ida Watson, Steps to Success Tutorial Ministry & Minister of Visitation|
Ida B. Watson
- Birthplace: Reidsville, NC - Rockingham County
- Family: Married to Leon Watson (44 years) Three Adult Children
- Salvation: June, 1955
- Licensed: May, 2009
A.A.S, Associate in Applied Science
PENN VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Kansas City, MO
Major: Secretarial Science
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
OTTAWA UNIVERSITY, Overland Park, KS
Major: Biblical Studies Minor: Psychology - GPA: 3.023
M.A., Master of Arts
CENTRAL BAPTIST THOLOGICAL SEMINARY, Shawnee, KS
Major: Missional Church Studies - GPA: 3.3
- Teacher/Conference & Workshop Speaker, Personal Ministry- Instruct methods of implementation that is found in the scriptures that applies to God’s teachings –Tree of Life Kansas City, KS & Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Shawnee, KS - 1995-2016.
- Associate Minister- Occasionally Preach Sermons; advocate the Good News of the Bible. Frequently fill pulpit. Faithfully teach God’s sound doctrine in Sunday School – Metropolitan Baptist Church, Kansas City, KS – 2009- Present.
- Director of Tutoring - Directs fundamental Tutoring. Create Lesson Plans, Coordinate, Lead and Tutor students - Metropolitan Baptist Church, Kansas City, KS – 2010- Present.
- Prayer Associate/Technician- Coach, mentor, support and evaluate quality service to worldwide employees and callers. Unity Temple, Unity Village, MO, 2003-2008
- Substitute Teacher, Para Professional, Administrative Assistant, and Interventionist – Provide primary literacy classroom support and guided reading. Teach, clarify and reinforce lesson plans. Demonstrate, interpret and distinguish solving of open/closed-ended problems. Recognize and discuss the best way to relay important information. Raytown School District, Raytown, MO, 2003-2016
Metropolitan Baptist Church, Kansas City, KS 2012-2016
Western Baptist Bible College, Kansas City, MO - 2004-2012
- Minister’s Licensed - Metropolitan Baptist Church, Kansas City, KS May 17, 2009
- Certified Substitute Teacher - Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education - Substitute Certificate License to Teach 2012-Present
- Lecturer - of activities, Vacation Bible School and Sunbeam Camp Ascension
- Teacher- The Art of Sewing - Seniors Sewing for the Soul, Friendship Baptist Church, Kansas City, MO April- May 2010.
- Contributor in Grant-Project FEED (Faith Exposing Elevating Depression) – Sabbaths of Hope and Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Shawnee, KS 2009.
- Sunday School Teacher – Evangelistic Team - Metropolitan Baptist Church, Kansas City, KS 2008 – Current
Windows – Familiar w/Word OS – INTERNET/e-MAIL – Network Installation/System Administration Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Access and so forth).
PERSONAL STATEMENT OF SALVATION AND CALL TO MINISTRY
Affirming the pilgrimage bears witness of my Christian journey came as a result of my parents who raised me and taught me morals and value. My faith was demonstrated in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior at an early age. Through various ministries, the connection with God led me to Bible College and Seminary Education. That profile allowed cognition on how to really trust God. Professing faith in Jesus Christ motivated me to become a volunteer to direct and tutor consistently. As my horizon is widened I expedite outreach services, I proclaim the message of Jesus Christ. I seize opportunities to effectively support others and remain sensitive to their anguish.
As mentioned, a critical role in supporting the ministry is through Authentic Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship, and Outreach Ministry. My task involves renewing and restoring relationship with Jesus Christ every day; explicitly giving honor and praise to the Lord; Evangelize to the lost exalting Jesus Christ. I proclaim the message of Jesus Christ. Discipleship –Inspiring, equipping and encouraging saints through witness of evangelistic service that introduces the Lord Jesus Christ through the Word of God.
I consider God created the world according to the Bible in Genesis. I accept as true God to be the Father in Jesus Christ who was fully God, as in St. John l: l, “The Word was God”; That the Word is Christ confirmed in v. l4; I have trust in the Trinity, founded on the belief that there is one God composed of three distinct persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit. I trust in the active presence of the Holy Spirit who effectively works in the lives of believers. I understand there is only one way to Jesus Christ. He said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (St. John 14:6). I deem Jesus to be the son (died, buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven), who came to offer eternal life to those who repent and believe and they obey his command that thou shall love the Lord thy God with all of the heart, soul, strength and mind.